- 4 lamb shanks
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 medium onions, quartered
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled, slightly crushed
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup aged Balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup Premium Black Chimichurri™
- 1/2 tsp freshly chopped parsley to finish sauce
- Coat the lamb shanks in olive oil.
- Mix the dry ingredients and use this to rub the lamb shanks.
- Place the shanks in the oven on top of the onions, uncovered.
- Roast 30 min at 450 F.
Add the chicken broth, vinegar and garlic. Use a well fitted lid, and
roast covered at 200 F for about 3 hours, or until knife tender.
- Uncover, turn the shanks in the sauce at the bottom of the pan.
Glaze the shanks with Premium Black Chimichurri™, and continue to roast
uncovered at 350 about 20-30 minutes. Glaze them one more time.
- Prior to serving, sprinkle with freshly chopped parsley on top.
Enjoy this delicious meal with a fresh green salad or couscous!